When Someone Pranks the Gym’s Toughest Athlete with One Direction
I saw the anger flow across her face like lava from a volcano.
Daisy turned beet red, and stormed across the gym. She grabbed the iPhone 4 and yanked it out of the speaker jack.
“Who put this shit on?”
My 7:30 pm CrossFit class was filled with twenty-somethings and 2 moms. It was a dynamic class with lots of tattoos, swearing, and sweating.
Daisy was the self-appointed team captain. She had a “strong personality”.
When it came to the music, the class listened to what she wanted to listen to.
I was her favorite coach. Partially because I indulged her temper. And perhaps because we shared a similar taste in workout music.
Whenever I put on “Big Poppa” by Notorious B.I.G she dropped the barbell and started dancing.
What had gotten Daisy so worked up?
Someone had played a delicious practical joke. They had queued up “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction. And put it on an endless loop.
The first time it played no one noticed because the whole class was deep into wall balls and dumbbell snatches.
The second time I could see a look of confusion on a couple of faces. Daisy was in the hurt locker and oblivious.
The third time was the charm. She snapped.
Giggles. No one took the credit. I retrieved the ancient iPhone before Daisy could execute it for its crimes.
Her boyfriend mumbled, “That’s what you get for dating a crack baby.”
Twenty-seven seconds later the familiar pitter-patter of “To all the ladies in the place with style and grace…” filled the air.
The natural order was restored.
How I "Accidentally" Became The 6th Fittest Baby Boomer In Mexico

Comments
Post a Comment