FIELD REPORT - David's CrossFit Competition Training Diary

Ouchie wowie. My Hyrox solo sim was 3 days ago.




And I still have some soreness. It's been awhile since I've had DOMS like that. I earned it.

No factor. Back at it again today. I have a CrossFit competition in 24 days.

And for some reason this year I stepped up a class to the much more difficult Masters II Division. Oh the joy!

I warmed up a little longer than usual to shake off the rust. It was 35 C at 9 am so getting a sweat was immediate.

I did my Metcon first.

3 Rounds For Time:
10 cals echo bike
15 meters walking sandbag lunges (45#)
10 hang DB snatches (50#)
8:06

Would I normally use a big fat 50 for dumbell snatches?

Nope. But it's in the comp. The way we practice is the way we play on Game Day.

Then the barbell entered the picture.

1 power clean
1 hang clean
6 shoulder to overhead
65-75-85-95-105
1 power clean
1 hang power clean
1 split jerk
115-125-135

And that's a wrap.

Everything moved according to plan today.

I had a bit of a flashback on those sandbag lunges. Felt ok.

Eat. Shower. Nap.

Locked in.

What did your workout look like today?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Playbook: How I Made The Podium In My First Hyrox Race At Age 58

When Someone Pranks the Gym’s Toughest Athlete with One Direction

The Simple Nutrition Rule Every Exhausted Mom Needs: Why New Moms Shouldn't Do Rigid Meal Plans