Has this ever happened to you?

 


The goal today was to practice Event 1 and Event 2 from my upcoming CrossFit competition.

I'm 20 days out.

I got all my toys out and warmed up thoroughly.

8:00 AMRAP
1 rope climb
10 deadlifts at 115 lbs.
8 toes to bar
6 shoulder to overhead at 115 lbs.
THEN... REST 1 minute.
THEN... 4 minutes to find complex max weight.
1 clean
1 hang clean
1 jerk

The AMRAP was smooth, albeit slow.

That barbell is very heavy for me on push jerks. I can do 3. Then slow singles from the front rack.

I was happy to get 3 rounds.

I left the 115 on and did that as my first weight in the complex, then slapped on 10s for 135.

Last April I hurt my shoulder training for a competition.

The shoulder injury lead to my neck injury in July. I herniated a disc, which aggravated the nerve to my left triceps which atrophied.

Last September after 7 weeks of therapy I could not do a single pushup.

It's been an interesting road back. A lot of patience.

When I hit 135 today on the complex I still had 90 seconds left on my clock.

Without thinking I slapped on those little green 2.5s.

I chalked up, tightened my belt, gripped it and ripped it. The bar flew up, I shot my left leg through, and got under 140.

OH THE WOBBLES! I could hear something as I fought the bar. It was my friends!

I was just quietly working on my own at the back of the gym.

But the screaming voices of half a dozen cheering friends gave me that little bit extra to lock it out.

It feels amazing to hit that.

My lifetime PR is 150. That 140 is the most since 2019.

Expect amazing things to happen.

Don't be surprised when they do.

Time to eat again. And a nap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Playbook: How I Made The Podium In My First Hyrox Race At Age 58

When Someone Pranks the Gym’s Toughest Athlete with One Direction

The Simple Nutrition Rule Every Exhausted Mom Needs: Why New Moms Shouldn't Do Rigid Meal Plans