I'm shocked. More like pleasantly surprised. Let me explain.

 



Today I tested Event 3 from my upcoming CrossFit comp.

I'm 19 days out.

This year I've stepped up a level of dificulty to Masters 2.

It's for Men over 40. I'm 58.

Heavier weights. Much tougher WODS.

12:00 CAP
21 cals row
30 meters walking lunges with 20 kg sandbag
21 hang dumbell snatches with 50 lb DB.
18 cals row
20 meters walking lunges with 20 kg sandbag
18 hang db snatches with 50 lb db
15 cals row
10 meters walking lunges with 20 kg sandbag
15 hang dumbell snatches with 50 lb DB.

That dumbell is a big bruiser.

I'm 148 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal. It's a real battle.

I dropped the last snatch in 11:57.

I thought my watch had stopped. But I know what happened.

I've been doing a bunch of sandbag lunges getting ready for Hyrox Cancun in March and my Hyrox sim at Badass in May.

It's the breathing. Once I figured out how to breathe, lunges got so much faster.

The goal at the comp will be to finish this one and to beat my practice time.

It's one thing to rehearse at your home gym. It's a different game when you're in the arena with 1000 people cheering and 15 lanes of craziness all around you.

I'm happy.

I'm going to go eat, take a nap, and do some foam rolling.

Tomorrow is a rest day, I have a chiro appointment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Playbook: How I Made The Podium In My First Hyrox Race At Age 58

When Someone Pranks the Gym’s Toughest Athlete with One Direction

The Simple Nutrition Rule Every Exhausted Mom Needs: Why New Moms Shouldn't Do Rigid Meal Plans