I'm training for a Hyrox race in a month. Today was a high heart rate test.
I'm training for a Hyrox race in a month.
Today was a high heart rate test.
For Time:
100 meter run
20 meters burpee broad jumps
10 thrusters with a 50lb sandbag
200 meter run
40 meters burpee broad jumps
10 thrusters with a 50lb sandbag
300 meter run
60 meters burpee broad jumps
10 thrusters with a 50lb sandbag
400 meter run
80 meters burpee broad jumps
10 thrusters with 50lb sandbag
TIME 27:43
What was the goal today?
Run. On sloppy, sad legs.
Practice compromised running, using your Recovery Breathing Protocol, and DO NOT let the run become a pity party.
I think that's the most burpee broad jumps I've ever done in one WOD. I started with a jump back, jump up on round 1. By round 4 it was a step back, flop down, take 3 heaving breaths, kneel and step up. But it's interesting that every 10 meter segment still took 6 reps.
I did 200 meters in 120 jumps. I was happy with that consistency despite the discomfort.
Surprises? The sandbag thrusters. They hit the heart rate like a hammer.
I was forced to rest on round 3 for about 40 seconds between the burpees and the bag. I had set a goal to do them unbroken and needed a moment to regain composure. My forearms were jacked from the burpees and the shape of the sandbag was forcing me to pinch grip it and the lactic acid was....unpleasant.
Time to eat, rest and take care of some coaching clients.
Back again tomorrow for 29 Days Out.
How's your training going?
My last Hyrox race I made the podium!

Comments
Post a Comment