You may not agree with this, but I think I just fixed my burpee broad jump.
Let me explain....
I completed a full Hyrox solo sim 6 weeks ago in 37 C heat.
I got to the BBJ station feeling pretty confident. I had been conservative with my pace during the first few runs, and the sleds had gone great.
Around 30 meters into the burpees, things began to fall apart. My breathing was erratic. The last half was a real suffering sesh.
When I analysed my performance the next day, I realized my longest burpee session in training was only 40 meters.
I had repurposed much of my Hyrox Doubles training preparation for the Solo event. And it was lacking.
Guess what? it was a similar discovery for lunges and wallballs. The execution of Doubles is vastly different from a Solo.
I committed to never feeling unprepared like that again.
I have another Solo sim in 6 weeks. I am all-in.
Today's Workout
20:00 Every 2 Minutes for 10 rounds
100 m row
15 meters burpee broad jumps
What was this like?
It starts off fun! You are in total control for the first two rounds. Then reality hits in round three.
By round 4 I heard a voice whining and begging me to stop. That voice was coming from inside my head.
Round 6 arrived, and the voice grew quiet. All you could hear was breathing and the sound of my Nobulls on the pavement.
Rowing was 10 strokes and 20 seconds. The burpees took 10 jumps and 45 seconds. A brief transition and 30 seconds of rest. Mechanical. Deliberate. Controlled.
I've never done 150 meters of burpee broad jumps before. I'm going to take this experiment and test it next week with sandbag lunges.
If you want to follow along, follow me.

Comments
Post a Comment