Hyrox Race Prep: 2 Days Out

 I have a Hyrox race in 48 hours.  Here's what I did today to prepare.


I have a Hyrox race in 48 hours.  Here's what I did today to prepare.



I race on Saturday.  Today is Thursday.  Yesterday I ate +20% calories over baseline.

Today I'm going to eat 600 grams of carbs,

It may sound awesome, but it's rough.

It's almost 4 - 200 gram bags of macaroni.

You can eat rice, potatoes, bread, honey, vegetables, fruit etc.  I want to keep my fiber intake low today.  

If you need an AI prompt to calculate your eating macros, go here.

I did my last gym session today.  

I did my standard warm-up that I have been doing before the last 500 workouts.  It's familiar.  I can do it on autopilot.  It tells my central nervous system to wake up and get ready for battle.

Then I did 3 rounds of 100 meters of jogging, 10 World's Greatest Stretch, and 8 air squats.

Then I got on the Echo Bike.  I alternated 2 minutes on the bike, then 40 banded pulldowns for 1 minute.  I tied the red band to the pullup bar and simulated a light round of Ski.

Then 2 minutes on the bike, then 10 slow burpee broad jumps.  I worked on hand placement, the step up, and deliberate breathing.

Then 2 minutes on the bike, then 20 walking lunges with no weight.  Slow, deliberate, and focused again on the breath.

Then 2 minutes on the bike, and 8 air wall balls.  It's the wall ball movement, but with air.  The focus was on hip depth, a deliberate hip drive up, and the full breath.

I did two giant sets of that: 16 minutes of bike alternating with the four movements.  I had a good sweat going.

Then I did 10 minutes of cool down, stretching and mobility.

I high-fived my coach and my friends from the 7 am class, and that was it.  

Today is for laundry, meal prep, and mental rest.  No drama, no fear, no anxiety.  The work has been done early every morning for the past 8 weeks.  Trust your prep.

Tomorrow I will pack my gear bag, and eat like I did on Wednesday with +20% of calories over baseline.  Nothing new, nothing weird, nothing irritating.  

I did Hyrox Cancun 130 days ago.  

I did the Badass Hyrox Sim 54 days ago.  

I'm ready to run hard on Saturday at Unbroken Sim.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Playbook: How I Made The Podium In My First Hyrox Race At Age 58

When Someone Pranks the Gym’s Toughest Athlete with One Direction

The Simple Nutrition Rule Every Exhausted Mom Needs: Why New Moms Shouldn't Do Rigid Meal Plans